At its core, the SACNAS conference serves to equip attendees with practical training, skills, and motivation for the road ahead. Through session proposals, you can share knowledge and practical tools in an intimate and meaningful way. Moreover, session presenters position themselves as role models and mentors doing meaningful work at the intersection of STEM, equity, and inclusion. General topics may include cutting-edge science, research, and professional development. Plus be sure to explore our 2020 Featured Tracks, which include topics that will be incorporated into various activities and events throughout the conference.
To submit a session proposal, select one of the session types below (Professional Development or STEM Symposia).
If you plan to submit two proposals under different session types, you will need to submit two separate proposals.
Professional development sessions provide participants at all levels (undergraduate, graduate, postdocs, and/or professional) with training and skills on many of the following topics:
- 2020 Featured Tracks: Science Communication, Women in STEM, Community College
- Academic, Industry, Government, Non-Profit, or Policy Career (i.e. Graduate School Application: Developing a Personal Statement)
- Mentorship (i.e. Choosing the Right Advisor)
- Networking (i.e. Using Social Networks Professionally, How to Build/Expand your Network of Support)
- STEM Policy/Ethics (i.e. Ethical Issues, Career Opportunities in STEM and Policy)
- Skills for Success (i.e. CV/Resume 101, Management Skills for Scientists)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
STEM/Scientific symposia share cutting-edge research to inform and inspire attendees. Proposals are accepted in all STEM disciplines and especially in multidisciplinary topics.
- 2020 Featured Tracks: Climate Change & Natural Hazards, Indigenous STEM, Multi-Disciplinary STEM Research
Other example sessions include:
- Black Holes, Neutron Stars, and Gravitational Waves— The New Era of Multi-Messenger Astronomy
- Data Science for Good
- Increasing Understanding of Diverse Scientific Approaches in Designing Therapeutic Solutions
- It Takes Two to Tango: Stories of The Relentless Evolutionary Battle Between Humans and Pathogens