Frequently Asked Questions
I already registered. What should I do?
- You’re one step ahead! For your convenience, SACNAS will automatically transfer you to a virtual registration.Please check the email you used to register for the conference, for an email link to let us know how you would like to handle the cost difference no later than August 5 – you can either donate the difference to our student scholarship fund or request a refund for the difference.If you have any questions or concerns, contact email@example.com.
Why wasn’t the 2020 SACNAS conference canceled?
- In light of the ongoing pandemic, we continue to lean on our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion — knowing that access to community and opportunity is critical, perhaps now more than ever. Meanwhile we must also prioritize the health and safety of our attendees, partners, and staff. For months we’ve monitored the situation closely, including surveying our members, partners, and supporters on their thoughts around the annual conference. Taking all of this information into account, the SACNAS Board of Directors made the decision in June 2020 to move forward with a virtual conference.
What does registration include?
- Registration includes access to 4 days of sessions, keynote presentations, student research presentations, mentoring, networking, and “end of day” Expo Hall hours; PLUS 2 full days of Graduate School and Career Expo with no counter-scheduled programming.
Can I cancel my registration?
- Yes, but why would you want to?! Our virtual conference will provide expanded opportunities to network, learn, and grow. If you have any questions or concerns, click here to view our detailed registration cancellation policy or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How will this affect future conferences?
- As of today, SACNAS plans to hold future National Diversity in STEM Conferences in-person where and when possible. Make sure to subscribe to SACNAS email to get updates on future conferences.
Are you refunding flight, hotel, or other travel costs?
- No, we will not refund individual travel costs. We suggest that you contact your airline and/or hotel to investigate cancellation options and policies. If you purchased travel insurance, please contact your provider for information and next steps. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
How can I register a large group? Is there a group rate?
- Please click here for group registration guidelines. No, we do not have group rates available at this time.
What if I register and am later unable to participate?
What do I need to attend virtually?
- For now you will need a computer, internet connection, and audio (functioning sound card with attached speakers installed or headphones) More details to follow —Stay tuned!
I am presenting my research/ proposed a session. What should I do?
- Continue below for detailed FAQ for research presenters or sessions. For both, a member of the SACNAS staff will reach out to you directly with further instructions.
I was already accepted to present my research at the conference. What should I do now?
- Previously accepted presenters will receive a follow-up email from a member of the SACNAS staff with detailed instructions and next steps. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
- Accepted presenters moving forward — Once notified you have been accepted to present you will be given a deadline to accept your presentation and to register for the conference via email. If you do not accept or register on time, you will be automatically disqualified from presenting at the 2020 SACNAS conference.
Can I cancel my presentation?
- Yes, but we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity! (See below questions for presentation resources). If you would still like to cancel your presentation, contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have resources for preparing a virtual presentation?
- Yes! Check out our webinar on Effective Virtual Presentations. Accepted research presenters can expect additional information in the weeks leading up to the conference from a member of the SACNAS Staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
I was already accepted to host a session at the conference. What should I do now?
- A member of the SACNAS Staff will follow up with you with additional details and instructions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel my session?
- Yes, but we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity! (See below questions for presentation resources). If you would still like to cancel your session, contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Do you have resources for preparing a virtual workshop?
Will registration fee assistance be made available for accepted session speakers?
- SACNAS requires all session speakers to be registered for the conference. Session speakers will be able to register for the conference at a discounted rate, and some further financial assistance from grant funded sources may be available to speakers from certain disciplines.
Exhibits & Partnerships
What are the virtual partnership options for exhibitors and other partners?
I already purchased an exhibit booth. What should I do now?
- A member of the SACNAS staff will reach out to you with a copy of the Virtual Exhibitors Prospectus. Any monies already spent on an in-person booth can be applied toward the purchase of the virtual booth package of your choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Can I cancel my booth?
- Yes, but why would you want to?! For the first time ever, we will have 2 days of non-competing expo hall hours, more included registrations in each booth package, as well as the opportunity to sponsor students directly. (Click here to view our virtual expo hall packages and hours). SACNAS is committed to making your exhibiting experience the very best it can be for both you and our opportunity-seekers. However, if you need to cancel your expo booth, please contact email@example.com.
Will exhibitors and sponsors still receive complimentary registrations for a virtual event?
- Yes! Choice level exhibitors will receive 6 total registrations: 6 Expo-Hall Only, 4 of which can be upgraded to a full conference registration (for an additional $150 per registration/person)
- Premier and Corporate level exhibitors will receive 8 total registrations: 8 Expo-Hall Only, 6 of which can be upgraded to a full conference registration (for an additional $150 registration/person)